The pillars of the American values system:
- Dependent on a small government
- The individual is important and needed more for society
- Teaches people to work hard, take care of themselves and others.
In God We Trust:
- Our inalienable rights come from God
- If there is no God, rights can be taken away.
- God is the source of values.
- Judeo-Christian God
E Pluribus Unum:
- Means from the many one
- Society focuses on individual and his/her abilities; Individualism
- National origins and color are irrelevant
- Sense of nationalism.